Wednesday, February 18, 2009

12w5d

Valentine's Day/Amber & Cowan's Wedding

It was a cold start to the day compared to the 85 we were spoiled with the day before, but it was a happy day nonetheless! Two of my best friends were about to be MARRIED! Sam and I woke up early to go help decorate for the reception! The wind made it difficult to do, but we got it done! It looked pretty spiffy! At 10:30 Amber's mom, Amber, and I left to get our hair done! Ahhh don't you just love being a girl! Amber borrowed my tiara from my wedding which made me feel pretty special and man did her hair look gorgeous! It was up and very curly! I had mine curled in large loose curls and pinned half up! Looked pretty good if I do say so myself! While this was happening Sambo was running last minute errands - getting markers for the guestbook frame, super glue for some decorations that got blown over in the wind, etc. We were all so busy! Cowan and his dad and brothers went golfing - lucky men! (I hate golfing, but they missed all the busy work!!)

After the hair appointment I went to my hotel to start getting ready. The wedding was not until 3:30, but pictures were supossed to start at 2:00. I am notoriously the slowest person in the world when it comes to getting ready - especially if I have to put on makeup! And I was so tired! I had been up most of the night before! Apparently baby K didn't think mom needed her beauty sleep! : )

Finally it was time for the wedding festitivites to begin! It was windy and a little chilly, but very sunny and Amber looked beautiful! Cowan looked pretty handsome too in his polka dot tie : ).
The vows were beautifully spoken and had basically the entire audience in tears!

The reception turned out beautiful - everyone danced and had a blast and the food was delicious! The cake turned out beautiful and it was pretty tasty - it was red velevet flavor and I had never had that prior to Amber's wedding!

As soon as I find my USB I will have to share pictures! Everyone looked beautiful and everyone had a blast! And Amber & Cowan are finally married after 7 years of being together! Congrats to them!!




And Sam looked pretty sexy in his pink shirt and tie : )

No comments:

Post a Comment