Monday, March 30, 2009

18w3d

Wow I have been so bad about updating this, but I don't think anyone reads it anyway!

Sam and I had our elective ultrasound on Saturday March, 28, 2009 at 4:45PM at Prenatal Vision in Des Moines, IA. It was an AMAZING experience. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity for such a personal ultrasound. I got to lay on this really comfortable couch and the tech - forgive me I can't remember her name! - drew a heart on my belly with the WARM ultrasound gel and things got going. We saw Baby K at all sorts of angels and EVERYTHING looked PERFECT! Baby has four functioning heart chambers, beautiful blood and oxygen flow, no cleft palate, a BEAUTIFUL spine, 10 fingers, 10 toes, and two legs that kick constantly! The little one kicks right onto my bladder which would explain me having to pee nonstop!

If we wanted to know the sex, the tech said we would have had PLENTY of opportunity because s/he was showing off all the goods at all angles! I almost caved when she asked if we wanted to know..I was like YES and Sam goes NO NO NO! dont tell us! haha oh well! It will be amazing to be so anxious to find out the day of!!

Afterward they gave us a lot of pictures and a very cool DVD of the entire ultrasound so we can relive it whenever we want! Sam and I left Prenatal Vision and went to Babies R Us and looked at cribs and bought a few gender neutral items - some binkies, bottles, and other random little things.

We have another ultrasound next Monday with the midwife where she will check for any abnormalaties and things like that. I have a lot less anxiety since our Prenatal Vision experience because even though they can't tell you if something is wrong because they are not a medical care facility, the technician told me, well I can't tell you nothing is wrong, BUT I can tell you I will not be calling your doctor! (Meaning that nothing is wrong!). It was just such a wonderful experience!

I can't believe next Friday I will be 20 weeks! It's all down hill from there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment