Wednesday, February 4, 2009

10w5d

Well I have been so busy I haven't had much time to update! When I say busy...I really mean TIRED! I could sleep for years and still not have had enough sleep!

Sam and I met with Dr. Carlson on Thursday January 29. I really adore her - she is a wonderful Dr. - however I am exploring my options and meeting with a midwife on February 19. I am really looking into the possibility of a water birth. I have been doing a TON of research and for what I am hoping for - a water birth best fits. I want a drug free birth becaused based on my research drugs - especially an epidural - is not a risk I want to take. I am lucky in that my hospital (UNMC - Olson Center for Women's Health) lets women make their own decisions on their birth plans.

Fortunately I LOVE to do research and have been purchasing TONS of books about being pregnant (new territory to me!) and loving being an educated patient. I don't like going into any situation feeling uneducated and scared so I am glad I started my research early!

I guess I really have nothing else to update on, unfortunately. I think I am going to make chocolate chip cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment